The Ultimate List of Diabetes Friendly Low Carb Air Fryer Recipes
Are you not quite sure what to make with your air fryer for diabetes? I’ve done the hard work and rounded up the best low carb air fryer recipes for you.
This article will provide you with tons of air fryer recipes that you can utilize for better blood sugar control. I guarantee you will find your new favorite go-to recipe in the list below. And if you need an air fryer recommendation, this is the one I use at home.
Disclaimer: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. As an affiliate, I earn a commission on qualifying purchases.
Why use an air fryer?
Air fryers are an amazing option because you can make a wide variety of recipes while decreasing the calorie content.
Using an air fryer allows you to crisp up your favorite foods without the addition of tons of energy-dense oils or butter, keeping the calorie count lower. This is possible because air fryers function by circulating super hot air closely around your food, essentially frying your food, but with air instead of oil.
In addition, cooking in an air fryer takes far less time than cooking in an oven. This makes the air fryer the perfect appliance to prepare meals with when you’re busy or short on time.
For the best results using your air fryer, be sure to keep your batches small and in an even layer. Overcrowding the basket will lead to undercooked food. Always follow the instructions for your particular model, and preheat it to the appropriate temperature.
Best low carb air fryer breakfast recipes
A balanced breakfast is incredibly important for keeping your blood sugar stable. Many times, people will eat a carb-heavy breakfast without realizing that doing this can have a drastic impact on their blood glucose levels. These breakfast recipes are not only quick and easy to make in the air fryer, they are also low in carbohydrates to help you better manage your blood sugar.
- One slice of Air Fryer French Toast | Champagne Nutrition
- Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs | Enjoy Clean Eating
- Prosciutto Egg Cups | Cook at Home Mom
- Air Fryer Cheesy Baked Eggs | Jennifer Banz
- Air Fryer Scrambled Eggs | Everyday Family Cooking
- Keto Blueberry Muffins | Fork to Spoon
Best low carb air fryer snacks for diabetes
Who doesn’t love to snack, am I right? Snacking can be a great way to keep blood sugar balanced throughout the day while curbing hunger. But you want to make a choice that won’t will fill you up without a negative impact on health. That’s where these tasty options come in. These 4 delicious low carb air fryer snack recipes are simple to make and won’t spike your blood sugar.
- Air Fryer Pumpkin Seeds | Snacking in Sneakers
- Kale Chips | Carrots and Cookies
- Beet Chips | Carrots and Cookies
- Garlic Parmesan Kale Chips | Craving Something Healthy
Best low carb air fryer appetizers
Whether you’re looking for a small meal or making a huge spread to satisfy the family, these appetizer recipes are sure to delight. You can even use these recipes as side dishes to accompany half a plate of fiber-rich vegetables and a serving of lean protein to ensure you keep your blood sugar balanced.
- Keto Fried Pickles | Shelly in the Kitchen
- 3 Ingredient Fried Okra | Shelly in the Kitchen
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites | Kelsey and Coopers Kitchen
- Keto Onion Rings | Kicking Carbs
- Air Fryer Shishito Peppers with Lemon Aioli | Flavour and Savour
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus | Everyday Family Cooking
- Keto Air Fryer Zucchini Fries | Beauty and the Foodie
- Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers | Air Frying Foodie
- Air Fried Cauliflower Tots | The Sugar Free Diva
Best low carb air fryer vegetable sides
Want crispy veggies without an excessive amount of added butter and oil? These recipes should hit the spot! Try out one of these low carb air fryer recipes and fill your plate halfway full with veggies at every meal for fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Sweet Potato Chunks | Carrots and Cookies
- Air Fryer Frozen Brussels Sprouts | Kelsey and Coopers Kitchen
- Spaghetti Squash | Your Choice Nutrition
- Garlic Chili Brussels Sprouts | Champagne Nutrition
- Air Fryer Delicata Squash | The Oregon Dietitian
- Simple Air Fryer Green Beans | Enjoy Clean Eating
- Air Fryer Broccoli Bites | Enjoy Clean Eating
- Maple Garlic Air Fryer Baby Carrots | This Healthy Kitchen
- Air Fryer Zucchini with Lemon | This Healthy Kitchen
- Air Fryer Mushrooms | This Healthy Kitchen
Best low carb air fryer entree recipes
From chicken to shrimp to tofu, you can cook pretty much any type of protein in an air fryer, so play around with these recipes to find your new favorite stress-free method of preparing lunch or dinner.
- Curry Seasoned Chicken Drumsticks | Snacking in Sneakers
- Sweet Potato Chicken Nuggets | Hungry Hobby
- Teriyaki Salmon | Jenny Shea Rawn
- Air Fryer Shrimp with Garlic Lemon Butter | Enjoy Clean Eating
- Chicken Fajitas | Enjoy Clean Eating
- Easy Air Fryer Scallops | Enjoy Clean Eating
- Best Air Fryer Turkey Breast | Enjoy Clean Eating
- Crispy Air Fryer Tofu | This Healthy Kitchen
- Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp | Air Frying Foodie
Best low carb air fryer desserts
Did you know you can cook desserts in an air fryer? Next time your sweet tooth kicks in, try out one of these quick and easy blood sugar friendly desserts.
- Keto Air Fryer Churro Sticks | Kimspired DIY
- Air Fryer Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies | Everything Air Fryer
- Fried Cheesecake Bites | Easy Keto Dishes
- Keto Flourless Chocolate Brownies | Two Sleevers
- Sugar Free Air Fried Chocolate Donut Holes | The Sugar Free Diva
- Sugar Free Low Carb Peanut Butter Cookies | Recipes That Crock
- Air Fryer Grilled Peaches | Recipes from a Pantry
Don’t have an air fryer?
I’m sure if you’ve made it this far you’re thinking about buying an air fryer. While you’re waiting to acquire your new favorite kitchen gadget, here are some other diabetes friendly low carb recipes for you to enjoy:
- Easy Microwave Egg Omelet
- Low Carb Canned Soup
- Baked Zucchini Fries
- Keto Vegetarian Lasagna
- Low Carb Baked Feta Rice
- Low Carb Blondie Mug Cake
- Low Carb Peanut Butter Cookies
- Keto Chocolate Cake
- 13 Easy Low Carb Diabetic Chicken Recipes
The bottom line
From breakfast to veggies and proteins to desserts, there are so many ways to use an air fryer to make low carb recipes.
I hope that this recipe round-up inspires you to try some of these low carb diabetes-friendly air fryer recipes.