These Banana Breakfast Cookies are packed with protein, chocolate chips, and ONLY whole ingredients! Perfect for an on the go breakfast and meal prep!
The holidays are one of my favorite times of year, but I have to admit, I could live without seeing yet another Christmas cookie. Don’t get me wrong – I love them! But that’s the problem. Everywhere I turn, there’s a sugar cookie, a frosted cookie, a chocolate chip cookie …. you get the picture. And all of those cookies can be hard to resist.
And my little man has been becoming quite the cookie monster as well. So what’s a mom to do? Improvise! There’s no need to say ‘no’ to all cookies, instead just make healthy ones that taste just as good. So that’s what I set out to do. After a little trial and error, I was able to create these super easy high protein banana chocolate chip cookies that contain absolutely no added sugar! Since these cookies are packed full of whole grains, fruit, and protein, they can even be eaten as a healthy addition to breakfast or any meal where you need a bit of a sweet fix.
Want to see just how easy these cookies are to make in action? Check out my YouTube video below with my favorite little chef and see just how fast & simple these cookies can be!
Me & my little chef whipping up a batch of our favorite breakfast cookies!
What Do I Need to Make Banana Breakfast Cookies?
Banana – You will want to make sure it is ripe! Keep reading to find out how to ripen bananas when you are short on time! Bananas are naturally sweet which is why we don’t need extra added sugar!
Oat flour – If you don’t have oat flour, see below on how to make your own and keep these cookies gluten free!
Greek Yogurt – Be sure to grab the plain kind in your favorite brand!
Chocolate Chips – We are going to be using dark chocolate chips! If you are looking for a healthier brand of baking chocolate, you should check out Lily’s Chocolate!
Other Cookie Ingredients: Egg, vanilla, salt, and baking flour
Kitchen Tools and Accessories Needed:
- Cookie Sheet with Parchment Paper – Don’t forget the parchment! This makes cleanup a breeze and keeps the banana cookies from sticking
- Mixing bowl
- Cookie Scoop – While this is not mandatory, it does help to get all of the cookies the same size so they cook more evenly
How To Ripen Bananas FAST
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and bake the banana for 20-30 minutes at 300 degrees. When it is done, the outer peel will be dark with the banana be soft and sweet. Be sure to keep an eye on the oven when cooking, due to how your oven heats and the size of your banana.
What To Do If You Don’t Have Oat Flour
If you don’t have oat flour, you can actually make your own if you have oats! Simply add your oats to a high speed blender and blend until it is a fine flour. If you have a hard time getting the oats to grind all of the way down, do the best you can with the blender then sift with a sifter. If you want the banana cookies to be gluten free, just make sure you are using gluten free oats!
Other Cookie Recipes You Will Love:
- Keto Sugar Cookies with Avocado
- Chocolate Chip Prune Cookies
- Black Bean Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- Chocolate Raspberry Yogurt Cookies
- Chocolate Drizzled Holiday Cookies
- High Protein Banana Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies
Be sure to Pin these Banana Breakfast Cookies with Chocolate Chips for Later!
Banana Breakfast Cookies with Chocolate Chips
- A couple of mixing bowls
- Cookie sheet
- Parchment paper
- 1 large banana mashed, ripe
- 1 egg
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt plain
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mash large banana and add in Greek yogurt; mix well.
- Whisk egg and add to liquid ingredients. Fold in dry ingredients (everything but the chocolate chips) and mix well.
- Add in chocolate chips and mix until evening distributed.
- Scoop dough by the tablespoon onto lined cookie sheets and bake for 15-18 minutes until edges are light brown.
- Serve warm or cooled and store leftovers in refrigerator.