Pizza just got a healthy upgrade! In just 30 minutes, you can make an easy cauliflower pizza crust recipe that your whole family will love!
Disclaimer: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. As an affiliate, I earn a commission on qualifying purchases.
I admit it, I love pizza! And I know I am not alone. Depending on the pizza you choose, it can be a healthy option. But let’s be realistic, even if you pile your pie with veggies, it’s still not going to be as healthy as a pizza made entirely from vegetables.
I have been wanting to make an easy cauliflower pizza recipe for a while, but all of the recipes I have found were very labor-intensive and time-consuming. That’s why I worked hard to create this easy cauliflower pizza recipe that gets dinner on the table in just 30 minutes.
One of the biggest issues I find when it’s ‘pizza night’ is typically the lack of vegetables. So making a pizza out of vegetables certainly solves that. I will tell you, this recipe very similar to a crispy, flatbread pizza. It’s kiddo and husband-approved, with only 68 calories and 2 grams of carbs per slice!
- Cauliflower: Choose a medium to large head of cauliflower that is firm with no visible brown spots.
- Eggs: Help to bind the cauliflower crust and add structure.
- Mozzarella Cheese: A bag of pre-shredded cheese makes this recipe super fast! But you can also use fresh mozzarella too.
- Garlic, Basil, & Oregano: Give much-needed flavor to neutral cauliflower.
How to Make Easy Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- Cut cauliflower into large florets and then pulse in a food processor until it looks like small grains of rice. You will need to do this in batches. (I love my 4-cup Cuisinart Food Processor!)If you don’t have a food processor, you can use the large hole of a box grater.
- Microwave for 5 minutes in a large bowl. Then allow the cauliflower to cool for about 5 minutes before you add your eggs, a cup of cheese, garlic, and seasonings.
- Divide your pizza crust into two and then form into rounds on a greased baking sheet or parchment paper. Look for a thickness of about 1/4 inch.
- Bake at 450 F for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and firm. Add the rest of the cheese and then bake for another few minutes until the cheese melts. Serve warm and enjoy!
- Can I add sauce to this pizza? Of course! Once the crust has completed its first bake, add a thin layer of your favorite marinara sauce. Be sure not to add too much, or it will affect the crispiness of the crust.
- Can I add toppings to this pizza? Any topping would work here and you can use this easy cauliflower pizza crust recipe like any other pizza. Again, don’t overload your pizza with toppings or you risk having a soggy pie.
- Can I use frozen cauliflower rice? While I haven’t tested this, you should be able to use frozen cauliflower rice with the same results. Allow the cauliflower rice to thaw and drain off any extra liquid. You can also skip the microwave step since frozen vegetables have been blanched. Also, note that a fresh head of cauliflower makes about 6 cups of “rice”. So you’ll need about the same amount to make your crust.
More Healthy Comfort Food Recipes
- Easiest Baked Zucchini Fries
- High Protein Cake Pops
- 4 Ingredient Brown Dough Dip
- Low Calorie Crockpot Chicken Parm
- High Fiber Watermelon Salad with Coconut Rice
- Easy Cheesy Keto Vegetarian Lasagna Recipe
- The Best Keto Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Pesto Pizza: A Healthy Version The Whole Family Will Love
Easy Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipe
- Pulse cauliflower in a food processor until it looks like small grains of rice.
- Microwave in a large bowl for about five minutes to steam. Allow to cool and add in seasonings, eggs, and 1 cup of cheese.
- Divide mixture into two servings and spread out evenly onto lightly greased baking sheets (or parchment paper).
- Bake at 450 F for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and firm.
- Top with remaining 1 cup of cheese (add sauce if desired) and bake for 3-5 minutes until sauce melts. Serve warm and enjoy!