Whether you were busy watching the kids all day, working all day, or a bit of both, finding the time to make a tasty and healthy dinner can often feel overwhelming. But before you reach for the phone to call for takeout, consider this easy-to-make recipe that’s low calorie, packed full of lean proteins and whole grains, and way more affordable than takeout.
Low Calorie Crockpot Chicken Parm Recipe
- Slow cooker
- cooking spray
- 2 cups whole grain pasta dry
- 1 lb chicken breast thin sliced
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup whole grain bread crumbs
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Coat the bottom of your slow cooker with cooking spray. Add in the dry pasta, water, and ½ of the tomato sauce.
- Place chicken breasts on top of pasta. Next, sprinkle bread crumbs over top of chicken. Pour on remaining tomato sauce and top with garlic, Parmesan cheese, and mozzarella cheese.
- Place the top on the slow cooker and set the cook setting to high. Allow to cook for 4 hours, then serve warm with your favorite vegetables on the side.
- This whole recipe takes about 5 minutes to assemble and then cooks itself- it doesn’t get much easier than that! And it takes great as well!