Many people work hard to keep their bodies swimsuit ready all year long. But it can be difficult to keep that slim body without getting into a routine of healthy eating during summer, especially with all of the vacations and parties that include high fat and high calorie foods. Here are three summer snack recipes that won’t have you feeling guilty and will help you keep that summer body!
Cinnamon Chocolate Banana Graham Crackers
- 4 rectangle graham crackers, broken into 8 squares
- 2 tablespoons chocolate-hazelnut spread,
- 1 banana, sliced
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Spread each graham cracker piece with chocolate-hazelnut spread, top with two slices of banana and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Sriracha Tuna on Ak-Mak
- 1 piece Ak-mak, broken into 4 pieces
- 1 can tuna, drained
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sriracha (Optional)
- On a plate, place Ak-mak. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine drained tuna, mustard, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Evenly divide tuna mixture on each Akmak cracker. Top with Sriracha.
Celery and Peanut Butter w/ Berries
- 4 large celery stalks, cut in thirds
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup blueberries (or your favorite berries)
- Cut the celery stalks in thirds. Spread with peanut butter. Sprinkle with fresh blueberries.
Photos & Article Credit: Kelly Sloan, Dietetic Intern