“I feel like chicken tonight… like chicken tonight… lalala.” Does anyone else have that song stuck in their head? It just came to my attention that today is the LAST day of National Chicken Month! I feel terrible that I never got a chance to celebrate (seeing how chicken is one of my favorite go-to meals). So I figured I’d whip up a family favorite to share with you in celebration.
This meal is so easy and it’s one of my favorite healthy comfort foods. It’s especially perfect now as the weather starts to cool down. You can literally use one bowl to make the whole thing, bake, and serve along side your favorite vegetables. You can also get creative and sneak in extra vegetables (like spinach), but for this post, I kept it simple!
I love this meal because I can prep it in about 5 minutes and have a meal that looks like it took a lot of effort ready for my family or company without breaking a sweat! And it typically leaves a good amount of leftovers for the next day (I’m enjoying mine on top of a spinach salad for lunch later).
Easy Chicken Meatloaf
- Casserole pan
- Large mixing bowl
- 1 lbs 100% breast meat ground chicken
- 1/3 cup 100% whole grain bread crumbs
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup tomato paste (or ketchup)
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Place the mix of ingredients in lightly greased casserole pan.
- Bake at 400 F for 45 minutes or until chicken reaches internal temperature of 165 F.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Let me know what you think of this recipe in the comments!