What’s red and green and easier to make than a roll of pre-made sugar cookie dough? My festive Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan of course! This is one of my favorite recipes since it not only tastes great, but it takes less than 5 minutes to prep and make. You can toss it together and run out to finish your last minute shopping while it cooks. And if you make enough, you can have easy leftovers for tomorrow too!
This time of year between trying to juggle end of the year work projects and deadlines, last minute shopping, wrapping (which I loathe!), Joey’s birthday (I can’t believe he’s turning 4 already!!), and recovering from Jimmy’s 1st birthday (how can he be one already!!!) it’s just too crazy to even think about what to make for dinner. I really didn’t want to resort to takeout since I’d like to eat as healthy as possible before all of the large holiday meals. And that’s where this recipe came in. I love me some chicken parm (who doesn’t?), but it can be very time consuming. When trying to multitask while watching a toddler who loves to climb and jump off furniture and an almost walking baby who is getting into everything, I need to make my recipes as simple as possible. So I thought, why not throw all of the chicken parm ingredients in the slow cooker and see what happens. Luckily, the result was delicious!
Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan
- Slow cooker
- Plastic bag
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 lbs skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 1/4 cup parm cheese
- 1/3 cup mozzarella, shredded
- Place chicken breasts in a plastic bag, add in bread crumbs and shake to cover evenly.
- Place chicken breasts in slow cooker and top with tomato cause and garlic.
- Cook on low for 6 hours (or until chicken reaches an internal temp of 165 F).
- Add parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese 30 minutes before serving to allow to melt on top.