Disclosure: I have partnered with Flatout® Flatbread to bring this recipe and post to you. Although I have been compensated for my time, all opinions are my own.
In my house, if I ask the question “what would you like for dinner tonight?” I am bound to get the same answer from my husband over and over – pizza! The man could live on pizza and pizza alone. It’s not just pizza as a meal he loves; he’d prefer it as his go-to snack choice as well. Before I started dating him, I had never even tried those bite-sized frozen pizza bites you can find in the grocery store. Once I tried them, I agreed they are pretty tasty, but the nutritional content leaves a lot to be desired. With sodium, refined carbohydrates, and saturated fats – they are not a snack choice I can get behind on a regular basis.
If you have a husband like mine or if you’re a Weight Watchers® member, you know that going the frozen pizza snack route may not always be the smartest choice. Homemade pizza has gone over very well in our house, and it allows me to add in whole grains along with veggies as a topping for a more balanced meal.
However, when I told my husband I was going to make him a more nutritious replacement for his beloved frozen pizza bites, I knew he was skeptical. That was until he saw and tasted these guys! By swapping the standard dough for Flatout Light flatbread, I was able to create a delicious option with whole grains, fiber, and protein that you truly can snack on every day.
If you don’t know about Flatout Flatbread Flatout Flatbread yet, you are missing out. This line is big on flavor with no added sugar while being an excellent source of fiber and protein. It has honestly been one of my all-time favorite food brands to recommend to my clients for as long as I can remember. And it’s not just me who loves them. Flatout Flatbread is now endorsed by Weight Watchers! You can enjoy Flatout Flatbreads for 2 to 4 SmartPoints® value each. The Weight Watchers Beyond the Scale program empowers Weight Watchers members to eat the foods they love with the help of the SmartPoints food plan and live life to the fullest on the journey to good health. If you want to enjoy a favorite food like pizza while you’re on your weight loss journey, you will love this Flatout High Fiber Pizza Bite Recipe. It makes a great snack or even healthier appetizer for your next get-together.
High Fiber Pizza Bites
(makes 2 servings)
2 Flatout Light Flatbreads
¼ cup part-skim mozzarella cheese
¼ cup marinara sauce
1 pinch garlic powder
1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Using a pizza cutter, slice your flatbread horizontally into two even pieces.
- Place small scoops of tomato sauce an inch apart over the right side of flatbread piece (you want to be able to fold each piece in half, so the sauce should not be centered). When you are placing the scoops of tomato sauce, less is more! You don’t want the sauce to leak out when you go to create the actual pizza bites.
- Next, place a small pinch of cheese on top of each scoop of sauce.
- Fold the flatbread over onto itself so the sauce and cheese are ‘sandwiched’ inside. Using a fork, press down on the edges of the flatbread to seal it closed.
- Using a pizza cutter (or knife) slice the folded flatbread to create individual bite-sized pieces. Once cut, use the fork to seal the remaining edge closed.
- Place pizza bites on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Using a basting brush, lightly brush olive oil on top of each bite. Sprinkle with a pinch of garlic powder and place into the over.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the flatbread has browned nicely.
- Serve warm with a side of marinara sauce for dipping.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
Makes 2 servings
Saturated Fat: 2gm
Weight Watcher SmartPoints value (per serving): 4
Weight Watchers for services and SmartPoints are the registered trademarks of Weight Watchers International, Inc. Trademarks are used with permission.