Delicious Healthy Twist Only 10 Weight Watchers® SmartPoints® value per serving
Disclaimer: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. As an affiliate, I earn a commission on qualifying purchases.
It may not seem like it on the outside, but sometimes I just dread family dinners. Don’t get me wrong, I love sitting down and eating together as a family. Gathering around the table to talk (or listen to the baby babble away) is one of the highlights of my whole day. But constantly thinking up creative, nutritious options that are not only good for my family, but that my family will actually eat can be exhausting. Sometimes I will see a recipe I just love, but discover it would be too time consuming to prepare and have to scrap the idea entirely.
Let’s be honest, I’m juggling a full time job, a baby and an active toddler, a husband with a crazy work schedule, and trying to fit in some ‘me time’ to exercise each day. As much as I would love to spend hours creating a beautiful, healthy meal, it’s just not going to happen. So instead, I have made it my mission to create meals that are packed full of nutrients, look great, taste great, but require only a few minutes of prep time and essentially cook themselves. Sound too good to be true? It’s not!
My latest creation, the incredibly fun to eat Vegetarian Tex-Mex Salad Bowl, is exactly this. With the help of Flatout Flatbread, you can make each member of your family their very own edible salad bowl containing protein and fiber. Simply fill it with a few easy toppings and you have a meal that took less than 10 minutes to make, but looks like you spent hours in the kitchen.
If you don’t already have Flatout Flatbread in your kitchen, you need to get some. I’m serious! The line of flatbreads from Flatout are so incredibly versatile you can use them to make everything from snacks, to meals, and even dessert! With no added sugar, an excellent source of fiber and a good source of protein, adding Flatout to any recipe can enhance the nutritional value instantly.
I have been recommending Flatout to my clients struggling to lose weight and manage diabetes for years and it seems that I am not the only one who loves them. Flatout Flatbread was recently endorsed by Weight Watchers with each flatbread providing between 2 to 4 SmartPoints value. They are available nationwide and you can find out exactly which stores nearest you carry Flatout by using the Flatout Finder.
If you are looking for a plant-based protein and fiber packed meal that your whole family will love, get ready to whip up one of the easiest dinners you could ever make!
Tex-Mex Salad Bowl
- Muffin pan
- Large pan
- 5 each Flatout ProteinUp CarbDown Flatbreads
- 5 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 cup black beans canned, drained
- 1 cup kidney beans canned, drained
- 1 cup cannellini beans canned, drained
- 1/2 cup fresh salsa
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 small jalapeno diced
- 1 tbsp chili seasoning
- 1 medium red bell pepper chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 each California avocado diced
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Place your flatbreads into an upside down muffin pan. Press down on the flatbread to create a ‘bowl’ shape.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the flatbread has become lightly browned and crispy in texture.
- While the flatbread is baking, place a large pan over medium heat with olive oil.
- Add in beans, corn, jalapeno, salsa, and chili seasoning. Bring to a rolling bowl then lower heat and cover for 5 minutes.
- Remove bowls from the oven and place 1 cup of lettuce into each bowl. Top lettuce with 1/5 of chili mixture.
- Sprinkle bell peppers, carrots, avocado, and cheese evenly over each bowl.
- Serve with a side of salsa or sour cream and enjoy!
Weight Watcher SmartPoints value (per serving): 10
Weight Watchers for services and SmartPoints are the registered trademarks of Weight Watchers International, Inc. Trademarks are used with permission.