Cool down on a hot summer day with this easy Blueberry Yogurt Popsicle Recipe
Disclaimer: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. As an affiliate, I earn a commission on qualifying purchases.
What kid doesn’t want to cool down with a refreshing popsicle on a hot summer day? I know mine do, but finding one we can agree on is often a bit of a fight. The grocery store is filled with colorful, delicious looking fruity pop options, yet when you look at the ingredients many of these pops contain little actual fruit and are mostly made of of added sugar, coloring, and water (not all- there are some great 100% fruit and veggie pops available, but there are still lots that aren’t). Instead of arguing over which brand to buy, we have been making our own popsicle varieties all throughout the summer.
One of the best parts of making our own popsicles (in addition to it being a big cost savings) is that we can experiment with a variety of ingredients to make all sorts of fun flavors and colors. A big hit in my house this month are these easy to make Blueberry Yogurt Popsicles. They are full of antioxidants and are a great source of calcium. I used 1 tablespoon of honey as my natural sweetener (which you can omit if you prefer) and non-fat vanilla yogurt with fresh blueberries and bananas. It takes just minutes to prep and within a few hours, you have a delicious frozen treat everyone will love that is packed full of nutrients you can feel good about.
Blueberry Yogurt Pops
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 each ripe banana diced
- 1 5.3 ounce container non-fat vanilla yogurt
- In a blender, blend up blueberries and honey. Pour in bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine banana and yogurt. Mix well.
- Pour yogurt mixture into popsicle containers, filling up 1/3. Layer blueberry mixture and yogurt, leaving ¼ inch at the top of container. Place popsicle stick holder in and repeat until all compartments are filled.
- Freezer until firm. When ready to eat, run warm water over outer container and carefully pull out popsicle. ENJOY!