I love a good mocktail all year round, but when the temperature drops, I want a hot drink to warm me up. And that’s why this prune juice hot toddy mocktail is my new favorite recipe. While the holidays may be over, there’s still plenty of things to feel good about and this prune juice hot toddy mocktail is one of them!
This drink is the perfect combination of sweet prune juice paired with warm winter spices. And since it’s a mocktail, you can enjoy it any time of day. Plus it couldn’t be easier to make. Ready to warm up with your own fruit hot toddy mocktail? Read on for the recipe.
This post has been sponsored by Sunsweet Growers. All opinions are my own.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It contains fiber! It’s not too often you find a delicious mocktail that satisfies cravings and can help to fill you up and feel good. But this mocktail hot toddy does thanks to the addition of Sunsweet Amaz!n Prune Juice, which contains 3 grams of natural fiber per serving.
- It’s low in calories! This mocktail recipe contains only 90 calories per serving, significantly less than the traditional hot toddy version, which can have as much as 165 calories.
- It can be enjoyed any time of the day. Since this hot toddy is a non-alcoholic mocktail, you can warm up with it anytime from breakfast to bedtime without worry, making it the perfect addition to your winter routine.
- It contains no added sugar! Yes it’s sweet, but using 100% prune juice to replace the need for honey in the traditional recipe removes the added sugar and boosts the fiber content at the same time.
What You’ll Need
Sunsweet 100% Amaz!n Prune Juice – The sweet, rich flavor of this hot toddy comes directly from this 100% prune juice, which contains 3 grams of natural fiber per serving with no added sugar. Plus, one serving of this juice contains 5 essential vitamins and minerals to help balance and maintain your digestive health to help you feel your best.
Black tea– The addition of hot tea helps to enhance the flavor and benefits of this mocktail. Black tea is rich in polyphenols which may help to promote overall wellness, especially cardiovascular health.
Cinnamon– The addition of this warm spice provides an amazing aroma and enhances the health benefits as well. Adding cinnamon daily may help to promote healthy blood sugar and reduce unhealthy LDL cholesterol levels.
How to Make It
- Warm Sunsweet Amaz!n Prune Juice in the microwave or in a small pot on stove to bring to desired temperature.
- In a mug or glass, add lemon juice along with cinnamon and nutmeg & mix well.
- Top with warmed prune juice and hot tea. Mix well.
- Garnish with lemon wedge and serve.
Yes! That’s the wonderful thing about mocktails. With the alcohol removed, this drink provides a source of natural fiber and antioxidants with no added sugar, which makes it a beneficial beverage during pregnancy. However, since black tea can contain caffeine, pregnant women may opt to replace the black tea with a decaffeinated option instead.
Yes, although a traditional hot toddy includes black tea, you can experiment with a variety of teas from green tea to herbal tea to find the version you enjoy the best.
Of course! Customize your hot toddy mocktail by incorporating infused fruit or a splash of lemon or lime juice. The options are limitless.
Sure, it just won’t be a hot toddy anymore, but a chilled toddy is delicious and refreshing. Plus, 100% prune juice isn’t just for hot toddies. You can incorporate this juice into a variety of delicious mocktails from frozen mocktail margaritas to this ginger prune juice mocktail.
Other mocktails and drink recipes you will love
Think prune juice is just for hot toddies? Think again! 100% prune juice can be incorporated into a variety of delicious mocktails from frozen mocktails like margaritas to mules and spritzers. Give a few of my favorite fruit mocktail recipes a try or make up your own combination too!
This hot toddy mocktail provides the perfect blend of flavors to warm up and feel good this winter with the added benefit of fiber and antioxidants from the prune juice. Ready to warm up with a cup? Go grab a glass and after you try it (and hopefully love it like I do), remember to give it a 5-star rating & share it with me on Instagram by tagging me @ErinPalinskiWade
Prune Juice Hot Toddy Mocktail Recipe
- 1 mug or a glass
- 6 oz black tea, hot
- 4 oz Sunsweet Amaz!n Prune Juice, warmed
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- lemon wedge for garnish
- Warm Sunsweet Amaz!n Prune Juice in the microwave or in a small pot on the stove to bring to desired temperature.
- In a mug or glass, add lemon juice along with cinnamon and nutmeg & mix well. Top with warmed prune juice and hot tea. Mix well. Garnish with lemon wedge and serve.