(Photo Credit: Kelly Sloan)
Now that it’s getting hot outside, you may be tempted to head out for ice cream. Instead, give a delicious homemade smoothie a try. Packed full of antioxidants, fiber, and protein, but much lower in added sugar and calories; it’s a great way to fill up while you slim down for bathing suit season.
Here’s a great recipe created by my fantastic intern Kelly Sloan
Refreshing Green Drink
- 2 cups frozen or fresh diced pineapple
- 1/2 cup kale
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1 large cucumber, cut into pieces
- 2 cups water or coconut water
- 1 teaspoon honey or agave
- Add all ingredients into blender and blend until smooth. Add more liquid for a thin consistency. Enjoy! Makes 2-3 servings.